Monday, April 16, 2012

4/16- Workout

This morning I spend an hour on the treadmill.

15 minutes walking 4.0 mph with 13.5% incline. (I cheat and hang on to the rails, but it's still a good workout.)

After the 15 minutes, I began jogging at 5.1 mph. I jogged at this speed for 15 minutes then started increasing the speed. I'd run one minute at 5.2, one minute at 5.3, then one minute at 5.4. Then I'd go back to 5.1 for a few minutes, and repeat. Then second time, I went up to 5.6 and ran at 5.6 for 2-3 minutes. Then I went back down to 5.2.

I was almost done running a 5K and my time was close to my personal best, so I finished the last little stretch at 7.0. I finished 3.2 miles in 36 minutes, then continued running for a total of 3.54 miles in 40 minutes.

My running speed is still extremely slow and has a lot of room for improvement, which is why I'm starting to do these slow interval climbs and slowly increase it.

This afternoon I started Week 3 of Ripped in 30. Wow. It kicked my butt. The past two weeks I've been able to do most of the advanced moves, but I had to do mostly modified moves today. And there was a move or two that I couldn't even do modified! I was dripping sweat, groaning, and trying to just get through it. Luckily they are short workouts and they go by really fast. It was definitely a challenge, but it is only by pushing ourselves and our bodies that we grow and get stronger. I feel like the DVD is helping me to tone, so it's doing what I hoped it would.

Only 5 more days of level 3...I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment