Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ripped in 30 - Week 2

Ripped in 30 is an awesome workout DVD put on by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. Here are my top reasons why I love this DVD:

1 -   It is only 20 minutes long! That is a perfect amount of time for a mom with a busy kid. Its short enough that I can do it with Will sitting close by playing, or I can do it while he is napping. Short and sweet.
2 -   It is effective. Don't let the 20 minutes fool you. It's a hard 20 minutes and I'm literally dripping sweat about 5 minutes into the workout.
3 -   She always provides a modified or easier version of the exercise. I'll admit, I do a good portion of the moves modified. I'm just not strong enough yet to do the full advanced version. But I am getting better.
4 -   It's a good combination of strength training, cardio, and ab work. And when you put all three of those together, you get a fabulous looking body (ideally).
5 -   There are 4 different workouts. You do workout one for a week, then move on to workout two. Each one gets progressively harder and builds on the last one. I like the change and its nice to see yourself get stronger as each week goes by.
6 -  Plus it is fairly cheap! You can find it at Walmart for $10 and you could possibly find it online somewhere cheaper.

This morning I completed my last workout of Week 2. Yahoo! When I started, I thought week 1 was pretty easy. I felt good and was ready to get the next week going. Week 2 was killer. The first workout, I was seriously hoping she was kidding. It was hard and I had to take tons of breaks. Today, I still took occasional breaks, but there is a significant difference from just 5 days ago. Its seriously amazing how your body can adapt and change so much in such a short amount of time.

I'm so excited to finally be done with week 2, but I'm extremely nervous and anxious to see what week 3 will bring. I'm sure it'll be rough and I'll be begging for week 2 again. But I also know that I will stick with it and by the end of next week, I will be significantly better at the exercises than I will be on Monday.
So if any of you are looking for a great workout that is not time consuming and that you can do at home, this one is a MUST. Last month, I did her other video called 30 Day Shred. It's pretty much identical to this video, but slightly easier. So I would recommend starting with 30 Day Shred, then when you are done with that go on to Ripped in 30. If there is anyone in Logan that wants to borrow 30DS, you are welcome to it. You'll just need your own set of hand weights.

Believe me, if you are committed and eat sensibly, you will see results!

(Man, Jillian should be paying me for this kind of advertisement!)

No comments:

Post a Comment