Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Hump Day"

Wednesday's truly are my hump day. For some unknown reason, I always wake up completely exhausted Wednesday mornings. I have to drag myself to the gym and try to get some semblance of a workout in. And even the thought of doing Ripped in 30 is unappealing.

Today was especially rough, but I did what I had to do and made it to the gym. I felt tired, weak, and a bit sore and the last thing I wanted to do was go running. So I decided that even if I just spent an hour walking on a treadmill, it was still better than nothing.

I walked at 14% incline, speed 4.0-4.2 for about 40 minutes. Then I decided I wanted to run a little bit, and figured I should run for one mile at my fastest speed. I tried to stay between 6.0 mph and 6.5 mph, but that only lasted for about 6 minutes before I dropped down to 5.4 mph. I ended up doing a mile in 10:14...about 30 seconds off my fastest time.

My adrenaline from my workout lasted about 2-3 hours. I got home and was feeling great. I ran a few errands and was doing lots of stuff. Then at about 2 o'clock, exhaustion hit again. I pretty much collapsed on the floor and took a quick power nap. And I did not want to get up...ever.

I thought about doing Ripped in 30, but I wasn't sure I had the energy. I thought about it some more and decided that I needed to push myself. I haven't missed a day of Ripped in 30 yet, and I only have 3 days left! Why quit now? That would just be silly! Plus I knew I would be so disappointed in myself if I didn't do it. So I put the DVD in and did it. I'll admit, I didn't push myself as hard as I usually do, but I was still sweating pretty good.

Now it is 6pm and I am feeling great and getting ready to go to volleyball! I know this is a long, boring post...but the moral of the story is that YOU ARE CAPABLE! You are capable of working out! You are capable of pushing yourself hard! Sometimes when we don't have motivation, that's when it's most important to just do it anyways.

Wednesdays are usually my rough day...in the morning at least. But I know that if I can just push through and get past those workouts, then I'll be feeling great and the rest of my week will fly by. I don't feel tired or lacking energy, in fact I'm pumped to go play some sports!

Just remember, YOU ARE CAPABLE of amazing things! Whenever you come to the top of your hill and you feel like you can't make it, push just a little harder and think how great it'll be once your on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment