Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cache Soccer Club

Saturdays are typically my days that I try to do my longest run of the week. I can push myself hard knowing that I will rest all day Sunday. But today I decided to switch it up a bit and play some soccer. I discovered this amazing group last summer right after Will was born. It's basically a group of adults that get together to play soccer. Anyone and everyone is welcome. You basically just check the website to find out when and where they are playing, then you show up. It's pretty much genius. If you are interested, the website is http://cachesoccerclub.com/.
Like I said, I learned about this group last summer but didn't get a chance to play very much because Will was still so little. And the times I did go play, I felt like I was going to die because I was so out of shape. I suddenly remembered about them this last week so I decided to go start playing.  And even though I've been running a lot, it still kicked my butt.

But here are some possible reasons why:
1- There were 19 guys, and only 3 girls...and as much as we hate to admit it, guys are simply faster and harder to compete against.
2- When I run, it's a very (VERY) slow and steady pace. Soccer is most short bursts of full out sprints. Completely different training and endurance required.
3- I did a Jillian Michael's Workout DVD about an hour before I played.
4- And last, because even though I am in BETTER shape than I was 3 months ago, I am still not in great shape.

But even though I was a bit winded at times and my legs started to scream by the end, I had a lot of fun. It's always good to shake up your exercise routine a bit. I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment