Saturday, April 28, 2012

Proud Moment

Do you remember how Wednesday was a bit of a rough day for me? Well that rough day poured into the rest of the week. Will woke up earlier than usual this morning and I had a pounding headache. I was determined to go running, but my head hurt, by body hurt, and I wanted sleep!

Luckily Lance woke up and I was able to take a short nap on the couch. I woke up around 9:30am and decided I was feeling well enough to try for a run.

I'm trying to always make Saturday my long runs. Last Saturday, I ran my 4.75 miles for my furthest distance ever. My only goal for today was to try and beat it, even if it was only by a little tiny bit. I figured I'd run a little slower and push for more distance.

Using my favorite running app Endomondo on my phone, I began running. And I kept running. And my legs hurt. And I kept running. And I felt like I was going to throw up a few times. And I kept running.

When I finally allowed myself to look at my time, I had been running for 57 minutes and had beat my goal. But I was determined to not stop there. I made it my new goal to run 60 minutes straight. I had already been running for 57 minutes, what was another 3 minutes, right?

GOAL COMPLETE!

I ran 5.4 miles in 60 minutes. I extremely shocked and pleased with my pace. I figured I was running 5.0mph or less the entire time, so I was stoked to see it was faster than that.

Here is a breakdown:
Mile 1: 10:53
Mile 2: 11:05
Mile 3: 11:09
Mile 4: 11:19
Mile 5: 11:16

This picture was taking after my run. Usually my shirt is pretty much drenched in sweat, but for some reason it wasn't today. Wont find me complaining about that!
Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment