Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Running in the Rain

I woke up this morning to a slight drizzle outside. It looked really refreshing so I decided to do my running outside today. I know most people would probably do the opposite and avoid running outside while it was raining. But there is something about the rain that I have always loved, and I think it feels so great to run in it.

The only thing I hate about the rain is having to wear a jacket. I HATE running in sweatshirts, jackets, long sleeves, etc. I get hot enough and sweat enough without warm clothing, I hate to add any layers. But it was a bit too cold to be running in short sleeves, so jacket it was.

It didn't take me long into my run to realize that the little "drizzle" I thought it was, was more of a steady, but light rain. I was literally dripping by the time I got home and looked like a drowned rat.
I kept a pretty good pace and I am mostly happy with my time. I ran 3.2 miles in 36:06. So close to my personal best! I definitely think I could've beaten it and shaved off at least 20-30 seconds. Next time.
Here is a breakdown of my miles:
Mile 1 - 11:11 minutes
Mile 2 - 11:25 minutes
Mile 3 - 11:22 minutes

The route I take is a really slow incline for the first mile to mile an a half, then the rest of the way is slightly downhill.

Overall, I feel pretty good about my run. It was one of my faster times and it was in the rain. There is a 5K race this Saturday that I am considering doing. I want to because I think it would be fun and I think I would push a little more being around other people and knowing that it was a race. But I'm having a hard time justifying spending $25 to go run a route that I could probably do any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment